There are four categories of WGAW membership as defined by the Constitution and By-Laws, Article IV, Sections 3 through 6.
Associate Membership – For applicant writers who do not qualify for admission as Current members and choose to receive certain Guild services in exchange for payment of an annual service fee.
Current Membership – For writers who pay full dues and are eligible to vote in Guild elections and run for Guild office.
Post-Current Membership - For writers who no longer qualify for Current membership and choose to receive certain Guild services in exchange for payment of an annual service fee. NOTE: Post Current membership is available only to previously-Current members with no outstanding dues balance. Please contact the Dues Department for more information.
Emeritus Membership – For writers who no longer qualify for Current membership and do not choose Post-Current membership, or for writers who no longer qualify for Post-Current membership.
Post Current, Associate and Associate Caucus members may, in exchange for an annual $100 service fee:
- Receive Guild mailings, communications, and WGAW publications (Post Current members also receive DVD screeners during awards season)
- Serve on certain Guild committees as designated by the Board of Directors
- Use the Guild's Script Registration Service at the reduced rate for Guild members
- Attend guild screenings at the Writers Guild theater
- Become members of the SAG-AFTRA Federal Credit Union subject to the discretion of that entity's governing body
- Be entitled to participate, if otherwise eligible, in any employment access program administered by the Guild
For further details about eligibility for these optional fee payer membership categories, please refer to Article IV, Membership, of the Constitution and By-Laws.
For information on how to become a member, go here.
If you have questions, please call (323) 782-4532 or email the Membership Department.